This lovely Porcelain statue has elegant and fluid lines, and the smooth, glossy finish creates an Art Nouveau feel to the piece. This is one of the famous animal figurines produced by the Lomonosov Porcelain Factory, founded in St Petersburg in 1744 under the decree of Peter the Great’s daughter, Empress Elizabeth. This is indeed an Imperial process, the finest bisque porcelain hand painted and fired, with the Russian stamp on the bottom of the left front hoof. Excellent condition, the stamp was used in the late 1980s to the early 1990s, blue stamps usually meant 2nd line (red was considered 1st line). Measures 8 inches long x 8 inches tall x 3 inches wide.